Translate

Thursday 4 August 2016

The Years That I Lost... Careless Me!

This is how it happened... I know it because,
I am responsible for the loss and,
I take full ownership for that loss.

I lost these years just like that...
Six months to a project that hanged itself to the ceiling,
A year to a dream that only partially came true,
Two years to a job simply not made for me,
Five years I lost to a feud, that condemned me to naught,
I fought back, never gave up and I stand tall, you know that,
I even lost a year to a fad, never sure, was of any use at all!

9 years and a half don't you think that's a snatch?
I am 9 and half year younger than those,
Born the day I was born, born the year I was born,
Those who caught hold of time, never letting it go.

9 and half years is a decade, by approximation rule,
I have one decade more of experiences,
A decade more of fears, failures, vicissitudes and tears,
One decade that so many may have judiciously used,
To build more worth, more piety, more wisdom, more pride.

The decade that I lost, I went looking for it... trust me,
Like Columbus the explorer, I plunged into the high sea,
In the midst of devious, fierce, ferocious creatures of the ocean,
I was lost once again, I retraced my steps, I don't dare to return,
I am okay to lose ten years, It is fine, no complaints,
Ten years younger will not hurt me, I will deal with it somehow...


Dear Readers, I have written a poem after a long hiatus. We always regret the lost years, don’t we? What if those lost years made us younger? Wouldn’t it then become an attractive idea, to experience life in more creative ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment