Translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

A thought that crossed by

Enticed by my thought,
I lost touch of time,
A soft fog descended,
And enveloped the scene,
Light had quietly taken its leave,
The chirping of birds had slowly subsided,
A hollow quiet replaced the day's humbug,
Only pierced by reverberating insect song.

A shrill cry of an owl from a distance,
Repaired my attention from reverie,
I felt a chill under my skin,
An involuntary thought crept in my mind,
Life had marooned me, while I sat there,
On a chilly, dark, foggy, hollow patch.

As the thought crossed me, I recalled,
This was the same pleasant patch of the day,
I was just as alone in the dark,
As I was in the day,
But then I was alone,
And now forlorn,
I shook off the thought,
And walked back home.

3 comments:

  1. Very touching. Depicting the loneliness of soul -the ultimate truth with everyone ,yet you've to carry on with the humbug, the sorry nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton Sanjay ji, for such a indepth analysis! Means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete