Translate

Monday 20 April 2015

I Live There

My love for Himalayas, in a poem. My first visit to Manali, a scenic hill station in Himachal Pradesh, was quite dramatic. We reached there after nightfall and checked into a hotel, situated at the bank of river Beas. The whole night, I could hear the bubbling noise of the river. I woke up in the morning, to the majestic sight of snow covered peaks of the Himalayas. The most breath taking morning of my life. Himalayas feels like home since...

My home is in the mountains somewhere,
Where a river sings lullaby, as I sleep,
Come home some time, sit for a while,
You'll love the enchanting snow covered peaks,
Majestic paintings by God himself,
Breathtaking curios, that adorn my home,
And while we chat, we must sip sweet something,
I serve the sweetest chilled water you can get,
scooped up from the raging gurgling river,
An apple or two to munch on too,
Sit on the chair of rocks with me,
Enjoy the bubbling song of the river,

The sky my roof, it leaks sweet showers,
And how to describe the colours of my floor,
When it snows, my floor is white,
The slush is the hue, whenever it rains,
And green in the spring, with prints of flowers.
And let me not leave out the walls,
The mountains are the walls of my home,
Painted green, whenever it rains,
Turns spotless white, whenever it snows.
My heart dwells there, in the mountains somewhere,
I long to reach my home some day,
My home yes, I long to reach.



No comments:

Post a Comment