Translate

Friday 3 April 2015

Truth

I always felt that if I closed my eyes,
Long enough,
Tight enough,
Or if I looked away,
Far enough,
It would just go away.

But then I was young,
And the meaning of 'always' changes,
Every passing year,
For as I grew, I found it out,
That "Truth" is etched in stone,
And just as the breath,
It stays!

More permanent than the breath,
It remains, haunting the dead...
And therefore each passing moment,
Those with breath fear the truth,
Or untiringly work to create, a perfect truth.
For those without, have lost that hope...
For better or for the worse.

However the mortal remains may be treated,
Burnt or berried or taken to the Tower of Silence,
Truth stays alive and breathes.
Look away, look away if you wish, look away,
It tempts,
For I will live in places not thought of,
Not contemplated,
Unless you make me your torch and follow me.
And then I shall be your guide.




No comments:

Post a Comment