Translate

Saturday 4 April 2020

Do what you wish for! #FireUpYourPassion lady #AmWriting


I stand at the edge of the metro platform, reading the warning down on the track, '750 volts, keep away'. I imagine myself standing on top of the track, hair standing, eyes popping, blackened face, steam blowing out the ears. Nah, I say, not a good idea.

I look at the speed limit on the hilly road, 30 KM Per Hour, I imagine stamping on the pedal and wrrrroom! Hopping right into the valley, many 1000 feet down, stuck in a tree branch, a perfect cinemascope moment. I wonder if the branches are placed appropriately down there, Tch! Tch! I say, not a good idea.

Peeping into the lion's cage in the zoo, I want to jump right in, to run my fingers through its mane. I picture myself fighting the offended lion, with my bare hands and I say, not a good idea. A little further in the zoo, I imagine my hand inside the crocodile's mouth or getting bitten by the vicious viper and I most certainly and emphatically say, not a good idea.

I stand near the door of the aircraft flying at 30,000 Ft, sipping mineral water in a paper cup. I stand right next to the liver which invites: 'Lift up to open'. I tell myself, enough now go back to the seat and I comply. But my mind does not know when to stop. So I just let it fantasize. But I know when it’s not a good idea.

And then I wonder why! Why does the mind play with me wickedly? I am all blood and mangle at the end of its adventures, at-least in my thought. And an answer pops! No wonder it does! I say NO so often. What if I did something I really wanted to? What if I did something really dangerous, exhilarating and adventurous? Like planning a holiday alone? No. Writing a book? No. Eating out all by myself at a fine dine restaurant? No. Cooking a special meal for myself? No. Laughing out loud for no reason at all? No. Singing on the streets? No. Going bungee jumping, para gliding or sky diving? No. Fighting my greatest fears like the fear of cockroaches and lizards? No. What if I did all this, would my mind still play the gruesome games? They say idle mind is the devils workshop or playground or outhouse or palace or whatever. I am the devil when it comes to myself!

"Think about the risks of doing the doable," says the mind craftily. "Better not conjure these fantasies," it says. "Let me show you how to work around it," it offers. Voila! The gruesome pictures emerge in our minds. The headline on the local daily pops up, 'Girl dies doing what she wished for!' And then it is safe not to attempt those absurdities, ever!

We are like the patty in our favourite burger. It’s awesome, the patty I mean. It has a possibility of its own, even without the bun on its both sides. It is just too shy to come by itself, so it hides between the sliced up bun. The bun, which by the way tastes flat, dry and unsavoury by itself! Yet the patty thinks it is the bread which sells the awesome burger! Huh! And double Huh! And you know what I do? I buy the patty with no bun!

An acquaintance screamed at me the other day, I am very scared of dogs! And I wondered why. I am scared of people more. Hopeless me! I often meet these Martian kinds, who think they are entitled to fear of the endangered. For, which specie is not endangered in the hands of '(WO)-MAN'?

Okay so let’s do this exercise, think of your smart phone, that lovely devise with captivating screen, google, facebook, whatsapp and all. Now think of a flood and the smart phone gone! Who are you now? Tuche! Touche! I hope you know what to do, now that the fishes swim in your home, where you hid from the deadly dogs, lizards, bugs, flies and more. What now?

There is no fear which is not feared by all. Yet some rise over it. Do this and that and do whatever you like. Just remember every fear is worth standing up to. For in flood, in rain, in earthquake, fire or hurricane, you are no more or less than you are now. Go out and do what you wish for, so what if you think you can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment