Translate

Friday 10 April 2020

Don't Bother Me Brother

I was on my way to the market and he came from behind me and slapped on my shoulder heavily, frightened I looked back and found it was only my brother. "Leave me alone," I yelled at him. But he never listens to me. He stayed with me through my shopping, tapping lovingly on my head softly sometimes and pulling my hair sometimes. No amount of cautioning stopped him. Brothers can be such a pain in the neck!

I was on my way to work and who do I find whistling at the back seat! Startled at first, but then I recognised him from that peculiar whistling sound. "Are you serious?" I yelled, trying to keep my car in control. "This is not funny, I am on my way to work!" He just laughed, giggled and roared all at the same time, throughly enjoying how he was annoying me. Brothers! I tell you...

I was in a flight and someone pushed me so hard, I almost fell over the passenger next to me. Not my brother again! He was right there. Smiling annoyingly. My brother I tell you does not know when to leave me alone!

I was in a meeting and my phone vibrates, I check the number and instantly know it's my brother. I run to pick it, otherwise that prankster, he will barge into the meeting room with some pretext. I really get pissed off with my brother.

I was sleeping soundly. I was even having a dream, and a loud thud awakes me, that had to be my brother. He does it every night. Every night he re-enacts his falling off from the balcony and dying. His blood ridden body on the hard ground of the driveway. I see it everyday. I never sleep past two a.m. and he is behind me everywhere I go. He believes he is guarding me from something. Perhaps the thing or person who tossed him off the balcony.

I have learnt to sleep early and get enough sleep before the thud. And even though he is annoying, he is my brother. I wish I could tell him, don't bother me brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment